slime on github

João Távora joaotavora at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 10:35:22 UTC 2014

Paul Bowyer <pbowyer at olynet.com> writes:
> On 01/27/2014 10:48 AM, João Távora wrote:
>> Paul Bowyer <pbowyer at olynet.com> writes:

> This is with the .emacs you sent.

Just a note: I didn not send any .emacs. I asked you to reproduce the
bug but rule out any interference from your customizations, and this I
call an "emacs -Q reproduction recipe". Of course since the bug report
involves slime and not just emacs, you have to add a minimal amount of
slime configuraiton to the recipe, which is what I sent you.

> then it deletes everything in the *inferior lisp* buffer, but I cannot
> do it with the delete key.

That's not SLIME's problem, I believe. The delete key does not
necessarily delete the region. Google for "delete-selection-mode"."

> Can't use emacs -Q to test anything with slime...

Of course, explained above.

> I'm attaching a copy of my original .emacs file (emacs.save)

OK, I'll have a look when I find the time.

João