slime on github

João Távora joaotavora at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 18:48:08 UTC 2014

Paul Bowyer <pbowyer at olynet.com> writes:

> I tried exactly what you said and when I entered
> (sb-ext:describe-compiler-policy) in the *inferior lisp* buffer, the
> output from that command showed up in the REPL, not in the *inferior
> lisp* buffer where I thought it should go.
> Also, I can no longer clear the *inferior lisp* buffer by selecting
> everything and pressing the Delete key, which I was able to do with my
> original .emacs file.

This I can't reproduce, at least not with emacs -Q.

That is the thing: can you or can you not reproduce the issue with a
clean "emacs -Q" run? Either that or moving your .emacs to the side
should do the trick.

The fix I just pushed fixes *a* "error in process filter" bug in
slime-repl-emit, in the situation I describe in the commit message, but
I still cannot reproduce the behaviour you describe. Commands issues in
the *inferior lisp* buffer output to that buffer, output does not go to
the REPL buffer that the slime-repl.el contrib creates.

> My Emacs is a package that comes with Linux Mint 14 and looks like it
> originated with Debian. The startup page shows:
> "This is GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.12)
> of 2012-09-22 on allspice, modified by Debian"
> There might be something non-standard about my Emacs-23 package...

I don't think so, I'm using Debian at home as well, as it also says
"modified by Debian"

> There must be something going on with my original .emacs file that was
> causing the problem with the error messages. Rather than having you
> look at it, I'll fiddle with it using what you sent as the starting
> point and add things a little at a time to see where the error occurs.

I'd have no problems if you send me the file.

João