Moving to GitHub and cl-lib

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 23:45:20 UTC 2014

    Raymond> João> Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> writes:
    >>> like M-.  The fucntion called-interactively-p doesn't exist on XEmacs.
    >>> I haven't had a chance to dig further into it.

    Raymond> João> The good news is that that particular call to `called-interactively-p'
    Raymond> João> is now gone (it's a mispractice in Emacs, too), the bad news is that
    Raymond> João> recent cleanup might have introduced other cases where xemacs no longer
    Raymond> João> behaves as emacs.

    Raymond> Thanks for the good (and bad) news.

    Raymond> I'll try the git version soon; I normally just use guicklisp to get
    Raymond> slime.

FWIW, I tried the latest git version.  I grabbed a copy of cl-lib.el
and hacked a few files so that (require 'ert) and (require
'slime-tests) aren't done, and defined a dummy def-slime-test macro.

The result works just fine on xemacs, with just a few minutes of
testing, though.  M-. works again too, so that is nice.

Typing #+ usually causes xemacs to hang.  C-g aborts that and then I
can finish typing the rest of #+....  I think it's a fontification
issue or something like that.  Anyway, I've learned to live with that,
since that's been happening for a long while now, since I don't type
reader conditionals too often.

Ray