slime on github

João Távora joaotavora at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 23:26:31 UTC 2014

Paul Bowyer <pbowyer at olynet.com> writes:
>> Care to describe them? I'd be very insterested.
> I get several messages when I start slime after checking out the
> master branch.
>
> Connecting to Swank on port 34085..
> error in process filter: slime-for-each-presentation-in-region:
> Invalid function: (handle-presentation (presentation point)

Thanks, I reproduced in emacs 23 and fixed this. Can you confirm?

Here's the commit message that explains it, if you're interested. It's
an artifact of the imperfect migration of the CL lib from
dynamic-binding to lexical-binding, even with cl-lib.el.

     Use cl-labels instead of cl-flet, safe for emacs 23.

     The cl-flet alias doesn't exist in cl-lib-0.3. Making it is a big
     mistake. Better use cl-labels with non-lexical-binding behaviour in
     emacs-23 (though a warning is printed)

It only affected the slime-presentations contrib. We don't have the CI
system setup for contribs yet, unfortunately, with would easily have
caught this bug and I wouldn't have commited.

João