slime on github

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Mon Jan 27 21:44:51 UTC 2014

Hello João,

After I upgraded slime to the most recent, I re-instated my original
.emacs file (the one I sent to you as emacs.save)
and started a new emacs/slime session using it.

I again did C-x 2, then in the lower frame I did C-x C-left-arrow to get
to *inferior lisp*
and then I did (sb-ext:describe-compiler-policy) in *inferior lisp* and
all of the output went
to the upper frame *slime-repl sbcl* the same as with the .emacs you sent.

I was also able to use the delete key to delete all selected text in the
*inferior lisp* frame
as I once did.

NOTE:
I found a file I forgot I had set up. In my home directory I have
".swank.lisp"
which contains, with some other stuff to redirect the location of .fasl
files:

(declaim #+sbcl(sb-ext:muffle-conditions warning))
(setf swank:*globally-redirect-io* t)
(declaim #+sbcl(sb-ext:unmuffle-conditions warning))

which is causing all the output from *inferior lisp* to be sent to the
*slime-repl sbcl* frame.
My only excuse for forgetting about this is, I'm kind of old and I lose
track of things occasionally.

I apologize for my memory lapse and I hope I didn't put you through too
much difficulty...

Thanks,

Paul Bowyer