Slime keybindings for Compiling etc dont work in emacs

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at jkcunningham.com
Sat Feb 8 16:43:27 UTC 2014

On 02/08/2014 06:46 AM, Chintan Pathak wrote:
> I am using emacs 24 and ubuntu 13.10.
>
> I have slime setup and get the CL-USER REPL on invocation.
>
> When I write a program and compile using C-c C-c or C-c C-k, it says these
> are undefined.
>
> How do I verify that these keychord combinations are infact setup?

Look to see that it says "Lisp Paredit Slime Autodoc" in the emacs
status bar after you open the lisp file. If you have even a single
unmatched parenthesis in the file it goes into Lisp Slime Autodoc mode
instead and you won't have those key-chords defined. Look for error
messages at the bottom of emacs for clues.

--Jeff