[Slime-devel] Showing two test failures...

Helmut Eller eller.helmut at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 07:38:26 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 24 2014, Paul Bowyer wrote:

> 2 unexpected results:
> FAILED compile-defun-4
> FAILED find-definition\.2-1
[...]
> Is there now some reason why my simple script should cause the
> problem, or are these errors valid?

The source of the errors seem to be the recent changes to SBCL's reader;
not your script.

compile-defun-4 fails due to the "improved" backquote stuff.  I haven't
followed the discussion.  Why is it neccesary to that ,X returns
a struct instead of somehing more traditionanal like (unquote X)?

find-definition\.2-1 fails because a change to set-macro-character.
This code used to work:

(let* ((rt (copy-readtable nil)))
  (flet ((wrap (fun) (lambda (&rest args) (apply args fun))))
    (list
     (assert (get-dispatch-macro-character #\# #\. rt))
     (multiple-value-bind (fun nt) (get-macro-character #\# rt)
       (set-macro-character #\# (wrap fun) nt rt))
     (assert (get-dispatch-macro-character #\# #\. rt)))))

but no longer does.  Does somebody know if this code is actually
non-portable?

Helmut