Quesstion about Alt-. navigation to function definitions

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cantab.net
Wed Oct 30 20:27:28 UTC 2013

Jeffrey Cunningham <jeffrey at jkcunningham.com> writes:

> On 10/30/2013 12:21 PM, Jeff Cunningham wrote:
>> (describe 'cl-ppcre:regex-apropos)
>
> This is really strange. As an experiment I just created a dirt-simple
> source file named "test1.lisp" in an isolated directory.
>
> (require :cl-ppcre)

I suspect that this might be the source of your problems.  If you have
this kind of thing in your lisp code files, I can sort-of understand why
you might be getting different answers, because this isn't an idiomatic
way of doing things.  Normally, you would require modules your system
depends on from the defsystem, not from within the source files.  (In
fact, your example as you state it should not work at all, at least in a
clean image, because the file test1.lisp as you describe it should not
be compilable, as it contains read-time references to a package which is
only available at load-time.

> (use-package :cl-ppcre)
> (describe 'cl-ppcre:regex-apropos)

Christophe