New contrib: slime-trace-dialog

João Távora joaotavora at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 14:44:41 UTC 2013

Helmut Eller <eller.helmut at gmail.com> writes:
>> * apply the patch attached to any recent slime
>
> Those are git patches and apparently neither M-x epatch nor the command
> line version of patch can work with them. So I haven't actually tried
> it.

You can apply the patch with

  patch -p1 < ~/Downloads/slime-trace-dialog.diff

...and two conflicts will results in contrib/slime-fancy.el and
swank.lisp. I don't know why, but these hunks can be applied by opening
the patch file in emacs, cd-ing to the slime dir and applying the
offending hunks manually.

Also the patch file had DOS newlines for some reason.

But you're right, and since I have to adjust to 80 characters as well, I
will provide patches from the cvs tree with cvs diff -u (or do you
prefer any other command?)

> I don't see any other obvious problems.

That's promising :)

Thanks,