Broken Tests and Submitting a Patch

Samuel Freilich sfreilich at google.com
Tue Nov 12 20:24:39 UTC 2013

I use SLIME for work (at Google, on ITA Software's QPX) and would like to
submit improvements.  In particular, we'd like to be able to use
slime-cl-indent for Common Lisp indentation without any custom patches
related to loop indentation, but we need a few more customization options.

So two things:

1. Revision 1.68 of slime-cl-indent (
http://common-lisp.net/viewvc/slime/slime/contrib/slime-cl-indent.el?r1=1.67&r2=1.68)
breaks many tests.  I think that should be reverted (or at least replaced
with something that has the expected behavior).

2. I'd like to submit the attached patch.  It introduces a few
customization options we want, makes the
common-lisp-body-introducing-loop-macro-keyword and
common-lisp-indent-indented-loop-macro-keyword regexps more comprehensive,
and includes tests for the new customization options (all new tests pass
without reverting 1.68, though a bunch of old tests still fail unless 1.68
is reverted).

Peace,
-Sam