Translation of Clisp messages into Esperanto

Helmut Eller eller.helmut at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 07:08:39 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 11 2013, Sian Mountbatten wrote:

> Dear List
>
> I have translated all the messages of clisp version 2.49 as released
> by Debian/sid
> (version 2.49-8.2), into Esperanto (the international language).
>
> I am now currently translating all the messages of SLIME (version
> 20130626-1).
> Again, into Esperanto. The REPL is not yet done, but nearly everything
> else is done.

How does this work?  Does it require changes to the SLIME sources?  If
so, then I'm very skeptical.  After seeing the mess that the CMUCL
sources became after internationalization I'm very much opposed to such
efforts.  Also, SLIME's users are programmers and they need to know
English anyway.  How else would they read the HyperSpec?

Helmut