[patch] another fix for find-definition in the REPL buffer

João Távora joaotavora at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 07:35:45 UTC 2013

> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 6:24 AM, Attila Lendvai <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> wrote:
> the issue you're trying to address by providing more convenient
> patches is unfortunately not an engineering or convenience issue, but
> is rather social in nature.

Well, I myself maintain a fairly popular open source repo and go months without
replying to perfectly usable pull requests. It's just a question of time (and
conservatorism you're right, since I also get lots of unusable, if creative,
contributions ).

But I do value neat, ready-to-commit contributions. Tests and peer
backings help,
too.  These I normally merge without even testing them myself (github makes it
easy). So "neater" contributions are not only more convenient, they offer more
security to a maintainer that it isn't just a one-off hack to scratch some itch.

> so, it's just some 0.02,

Throw in another 0.02 and try out the patches. Report back here if
they're good to go.

João

PS: interesting point about the surprising slowness of SLIME.
Interesting indeed,
but lets spend more time fixing and improving it than evaluating the interest
of such discussions :-)