[patch] another fix for find-definition in the REPL buffer

João Távora joaotavora at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 13:27:47 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Attila Lendvai
<attila.lendvai at gmail.com> wrote:
>> PS: interesting point about the surprising slowness of SLIME.
>
> just to make sure, i meant the slowness of the *development* of slime.

Yes, I understood perfectly, but admit my remark was ambiguous.

> my fork, but these days it's much more about lowering annoyance than
> making slime any better, and with as little effort as possible.

... which is a normal part of the software development cycle when "user demand"
goes down. So wonder though if it isn't more a question of there being
an active
enough user base to raise and discuss issues.  It *might* also be a question of
hosting platform, github has spoiled most of us, so CVS+mailing-list
might be acting
as a deterrent to collaboration.

Anyway, I'll soon be proposing a fairly new and substantial feature to slime's
contribs, see https://github.com/capitaomorte/slime/tree/slime-trace-dialog
for a preview and make comments.

João Távora