[slime-devel] Some love for swank-asdf.lisp

Stas Boukarev stassats at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 06:38:22 UTC 2013

Stelian Ionescu <sionescu at cddr.org> writes:

> On Sat, 2013-01-19 at 17:43 -0500, Faré wrote:
>> Oops, when removing a compatibility definition,
>> I forgot to prefix further reference with asdf::
>> Thanks to Stelian for catching it, and confirming it works afterwards.
>
> And here are a few more fixes.
Applied this version, added a few more asdf::.
I also made a few other changes:

Removed completely the auto-upgrade support, swank-asdf should have no
business whatsoever in upgrading ASDF. That eliminates some complexity
and failure points which might confuse people.

Renamed swank::*asdf-directory* to swank::*asdf-path*, to have the full
path to asdf.lisp. It makes loading simpler and people might want to put
asdf in some differently named file.

Removed conditionalizations for Genera and GCL, those are not supported
by Slime and not going to be.

--
With best regards, Stas.