Segmentation fault on Raspberry pi

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 11:10:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Christer Enfors
<christer.enfors at gmail.com> wrote:
> SIGSEGV cannot be cured. Fault address = 0x369564a4.
> GC count: 0
> Space collected by GC: 0 0
> Run time: 0 500000
> Real time: 1 281123
> GC time: 0 0
> Permanently allocated: 90368 bytes.
> Currently in use: 2422148 bytes.
> Free space: 4 bytes.
[...]
> Seems to me like it's running out of memory, which is surprising considering
> the Raspberry pi has 512 MB RAM, oodles of which is free:

"Running out of memory" is normal. That's how garbage collectors
usually work: they restrict the amount of available memory somehow and
when the user program fills it up, the GC kicks in and frees things
up. I think CLISP uses memory protection at some point or another
which means a SIGSEGV will be signalled. For some reason, that
mechanism is not working properly. I believe CLISP uses libsigsegv, so
it could be a problem there. It may also be possible to compile CLISP
without libsigsegv, I'm not sure.

This is all very speculative and hand-wavy but I hope it points you in
the right direction.

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira