[slime-devel] Hang with cmucl 20c

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Thu Oct 4 11:58:18 UTC 2012

[Helmut Eller <eller.helmut at gmail.com> (2012-10-04 09:40:45 UTC)]

> I think the problem occurs during loading of gray-streams.

It looks like you're right. Good detective work, it would have taken
me forever and a half to figure this out. Thanks!

> Not sure what the right fix is.

Well, if you're not sure then I am even less so.

> PCL::COMPILE-LAMBDA should probably
> bind *MACROEXPAND-HOOK* hook in any case.  SWANK could also load
> gray-strams early or CMUCL could load gray-streams in the default image.
> It's also debatable whether Quicklisp should bind *MACROEXPAND-HOOK*.

Indeed. Or perhaps Quicklisp itself should include
#cmu (require :gray-streams)
in its setup code. Zach Beane seems to be on this list, so maybe he
will notice this discussion and decide if something needs doing.

As for my own problem, my workaround for now will be to load
gray-streams before quicklisp.

- Harald