[slime-devel] Error When Starting Slime

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sat Nov 10 17:50:36 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 10 2012, Christopher Stacy wrote:

> I get a startup failure that I think is like yours, but it occurs randomly.
> About 1/12 times when I start slime for Lispworks.
> I don't have "geben" loaded or anything.
> I think there is a race condition somewhere.

On Linux I don't see such a problem.  I don't know the state of Aqua
Emacs but GNU Emacs had this problem when opening a connection: the code
would close and reconnect if a signal was received at a bad moment.  If
that's the case then you should see in the *inferior-lisp* buffer that
Emacs closed the connection.  If the *inferior-lisp* contains nothing
unusual then please provide a backtrace (with the latest SLIME version
and debug-on-error enabled).

Helmut