[slime-devel] Today's Daily ChangeLog diff

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Thu May 10 06:14:20 UTC 2012

On 7 May 2012 08:45, Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> wrote:

>> Without digging deeper, it seems to me that there is an outer deadline from
>> another WITH-DEADLINE. In the old version you're using :OVERRIDE, which means
>> that even if you specify a longer wait, you get what you ask for.
>>
>> In the new version the outer WITH-DEADLINE specifies a shorter wait
>> than the :TIMEOUT you request, and that happens -- and a
>> deadline-timeout is signalled, etc.
>
> Is WITH-DEADLINE part of the official API?  Seriously?

If you mean "am I really supposed to wrap WITH-DEADLINE around
CONDITION-WAIT calls", not generally.

In this case however, something else, probably the :AROUND method on
STREAM-FORCE-OUTPUT, has provided a tighter deadline. In such case the
system obeys the global deadline. Sticking a longer deadline into
S-F-E :AROUND would achieve the same result from practical POV.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus