[slime-devel] backward-sexp and slime-pprint-eval-last-expression

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Mon May 7 05:37:44 UTC 2012

* Cyrus Harmon [2012-05-07 02:37] writes:

> I've been using slime-pprint-eval-last-expression on some expressions
> in .files in slime and came across the following:
>
> #(0)
>
> works fine, but
>
> #2A((0))
>
> doesn't, as slime relies on emacs' backward-sexp to compute the sexp
> to eval. Would it be desirable to extend this to be reader-macro aware?

backward-sexp is under the jurisdiction of lisp-mode and not of
slime-mode.  So if you think that backward-sexp should handle this case
differently, then you should file a bug report to the Emacs developers.

I personally have no desire to add special support for reader macros.
IMO, reader macros aren't worth the trouble.

Helmut