[slime-devel] suggestion for smarter default meta-. target - ignore colon

Stas Boukarev stassats at gmail.com
Wed May 2 17:33:30 UTC 2012

"Mark H. David" <mhd at yv.org> writes:

> Since some Lisps put out warnings of the form
>
>   ;   In FOO: Undefined function BLAH-BLAH
>
> Notice the colon (:) after FOO.
>
> It would be nice if typing meta-. in emacs could figure out to go to
> the definition for FOO, rather than just saying, "No known definition
> for for: FOO:"
That's a good idea, I tripped over this many times. Done in CVS.

There're two new variables now
(defvar *find-definitions-right-trim* ",:.")
(defvar *find-definitions-left-trim* "#:").

When a symbol is not found, it tries to trim it using
string-right-trim and string-left-trim. The left trim is useful for
#:foo symbols in package definitions.

--
With best regards, Stas.