[slime-devel] Test errors

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Thu Mar 15 19:06:04 UTC 2012

Hello slime developers:

I decided to run slime/test.sh today (for the first time ever) after
downloading the latest slime using:

cvs -d
:pserver:anonymous:anonymous at common-lisp.net:/project/slime/cvsroot co slime

and it showed what I think are minor errors.

I used "./test.sh emacs sbcl" to start the test from my slime source
directory and the failed tests are:
FAILED: Initial macroexpansion is correct:
expected: ["(list :yxcv (qwertz :a :b :c))"]
   actual: ["(list :yxcv
       (qwertz
         :a
         :b
         :c))"]
FAILED: In-place macroexpansion is correct:
expected: ["(list :yxcv (list :qwertz '(:a :b :c)))"]
   actual: ["(list :yxcv
       (list :qwertz '(:a :b :c)))"]
FAILED: Expansion after undo is correct:
expected: ["(list :yxcv (qwertz :a :b :c))"]
   actual: ["(list :yxcv
       (qwertz
         :a
         :b
         :c))"]

I'm using the following emacs, sbcl, and linux:
GNU Emacs 23.1.1
SBCL 1.0.55
PCLinuxOS release 2012 (PCLinuxOS) for i586

Since I've never run test.sh before, I don't know if these are recurring
errors that should be ignored, so I thought I'd mention them to see what
your reaction is.

Thanks,

Paul Bowyer