[slime-devel] Question about current directory and M-x cd behavior

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey at jkcunningham.com
Mon Jun 11 17:30:19 UTC 2012

Thanks, Zach. That's exactly what I needed to know.

I tried it in a fresh emacs & slime setup and see that M-x cd calls
swank:set-default-directory, after which *DEFAULT-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS* has
been changed as expected. What's curious is that I periodically run into
cases where  it doesn't seem to be working. Of course, at the moment my
working emacs slime (recently started) is behaving as it should. Next
time it acts up I'll take a look at the value of
*default-pathname-defaults* to see if it is in fact being changed. I bet
not.

Regards,
Jeff