[slime-devel] Question about current directory and M-x cd behavior

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey at jkcunningham.com
Mon Jun 11 16:58:52 UTC 2012

Greetings,

This problem has been bothering me for awhile. If I start emacs and then
slime in one directory and M-x cd to another, even though M-x pwd tells
me I am in the other directory, running a simple piece of code like

(with-open-file (*standard-output*  "test" :direction :output) (print
(get-universal-time)))

demonstrates that Lisp still thinks it's "current" directory is the
first directory.

How do you get around this problem? The only way I know is to kill the
current inferior-lisp, change directories, and start a new one, which
seems somewhat over-kill to say the least.

Regards,

Jeff