[slime-devel] setting heap size for SBCL for use with SLIME

Dirk Sondermann ds-slime at dyximaq.de
Sun Jun 3 10:36:23 UTC 2012

On 06/02/12 21:32, Faheem Mitha wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows how to configure SLIME to increase SBCL's heap size. I found the question
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7181183/how-to-configure-sbcl-to-use-more-ram-when-started-through-emacs but the listed answer
> doesn't work for me, namely, putting
>
> (setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl --dynamic-space-size 1024")
>
> in ~/.emacs. The default value is 512Mb.

As long as you're not using slime-lisp-implementations in your
~/.emacs, setting inferior-lisp-program should work.

If you're using slime-lisp-implementations, you have to modify
this variable because slime ignores inferior-lisp-program if
slime-lisp-implementations is not nil:

(setq slime-lisp-implementations
      '((sbcl ("sbcl" "--dynamic-space-size" "1024"))))

--
Dirk