[slime-devel] Newbie problem: Slime won't start.. . .

Stas Boukarev stassats at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 20:46:11 UTC 2012

Lawrence Bottorff <galaxybeingplan9 at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks, that worked. However, I already had done the standard
> uninstall/remove for both through "Ubuntu Software Center". Maybe have a
> note of warning on your webpage about Ubuntu's woes. . . .
Simple uninstall doesn't remove configuration files, purge does a
complete uninstall, I always use purge to uninstall things on Debian or
Ubuntu. I've never used this "Ubuntu Software Center", but I imagine
that in the usual Ubuntu fashion it's tailored to brain-dead people, so
it probably doesn't have an option to fully purge a package. I just
use aptitude for my package management.

--
With best regards, Stas.