[slime-devel] Possible font-lock or other enhancements to aid with quasi quotation?

Dan Lentz danlentz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 13:31:03 UTC 2012

I was just wondering if anyone has come up with any helpful elisp or
slime/swank customizations that are helpful to edit quasi quoted
expressions (and therefore authoring macros).   I tend to get lost when
things get much more deeply nested than ,', and so forth, and I was just
thinking how useful it would be if there were some visual cues to help
identify/correlate ' with the operative , and to indicate where the
position of the cursor or current form represents in the layers of
quotation -- maybe somewhat analogously to the concept of highlighting of
the s-expression for paren matching.

Such a thing is probably pretty far beyond my current level of emacs skill,
but I'm interested in any ideas or perhaps reasons why such a thing isn't
practical, if that is the case.

Happy holidays, everyone.
Dan

--