[slime-devel] SLIME: Invalid character

Giovanni Gigante giov at cidoc.iuav.it
Mon Apr 9 14:21:29 UTC 2012

Stas Boukarev wrote:
> I think I've fixed it. But what version of Emacs are you using?
> Because I didn't encounter such an error. Do you have any funny
> customizations which might cause Emacs to be more strict?

I'm using Emacs 22.2.1. I know it's pretty old now (it's on Debian
"Lenny"), but I've reported the issue anyway since SLIME is declared to
work even with Emacs 21.
By the way, here's a blog post from a japanese guy with the same problem
(I can't read japanese, but the google-translation helps):
http://shingosprogrammingblog.blogspot.it/2012/04/slime.html
He's got Emacs 22.2.1 too.

gg