[slime-devel] navigating large buffers

Tamas Papp tkpapp at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 11:21:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have been experimenting with keeping everything in a single .lisp
file for the initial development phase of a project, then cutting it
up when it the structure converges.

I am looking for better ways to navigate a single buffer when it gets
large, and I would appreciate advice on how others manage this.  Of
course, SLIME features such as M-. work fine, and forward/backward
isearch is useful too, but I was wondering if there was something
else.  I found a reference to outline-mode [1], but not much besides
that.  Any advice or tips & tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tamas

[1] http://mumble.net/~campbell/scheme/style.txt