[slime-devel] slime-lisp-implementations

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Mon Sep 19 19:07:49 UTC 2011

* Luke Crook [2011-09-19 18:52] writes:

> The docs don't make this clear, but the first entry in
> slime-lisp-implementations is always used, no matter the value of
> slime-default-list, or inferior-lisp-program. Emacs 23.3.1 on Windows XP.

That should be slime-default-lisp.

> Is this the intention?
>
> http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/doc/html/Multiple-Lisps.html

The intention is:

1. if nothing else is specified use inferior-lisp-program
2. if slime-lisp-implementations is specified but
     a) no slime-default-lisp, just use the first entry
     b) if slime-default-lisp is specified, use that entry

The documentation doesn't spell that out very precisely, but it seems
obvious enough.  Well, at least to me :-)

How would you describe it?

Helmut