[slime-devel] top-level keywords in ACL

UU UUUUU melbardman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 01:20:23 UTC 2011

Helmut Eller <heller <at> common-lisp.net> writes:

> * UU UUUUU [2011-09-14 20:54] writes:
>
> > Tobias C Rittweiler <tcr <at> freebits.de> writes:
> >

> >> In article <loom.20110906T192128-799 <at> post.gmane.org>,
> >

> >> Don't use Slime's REPL but the native one. You can
> >> do that by not using the slime-repl contrib.
> >>

> > How does one do that exactly?
>
> Allegro's normal REPL is in the *inferior-lisp* buffer.
>
> > I tried commenting out the two "slime-repl" lines in
> > slime-fancy, but when a compile error occurred
> > when I compiled a program, the Lisp listener
> > hung completely. I could not "q" out of the compile
> > buffer window
> >
> > If someone can post .emacs for a working,
> > version of SLIME (on MacOS and ACL if that
> > matters), that would be helpful.
>
> Setup Slime as described in the README file:
>
>     (add-to-list 'load-path "~/hacking/lisp/slime/")  ; your SLIME directory
>     (setq inferior-lisp-program "/opt/sbcl/bin/sbcl") ; your Lisp system
>     (require 'slime)
>     (slime-setup)
>
> > (I currently have three problems with slime-repl.
> > First, my Lisp listener's startup banner is deleted.
> > Second, I cannot access top-level commands.
> > Third, sometimes I cannot access object
> > presentations properly: sometimes the Lisp
> > listener does not understand a print-unreadable-
> > object's printed representation is a presentation. )
>
> Well, you have to choose: either use Allegro's REPL or Slime's REPL.
> If you load contribs, be prepared for bugs.
>
> Helmut

I tried using only (slime-setup) as suggested and also using *inferior-lisp*.
I still obtain three sets of errors:

1. When slime starts up, in *inferior-lisp* buffer is printed:
Warning: These Swank interfaces are unimplemented:

 (ACTIVATE-STEPPING ADD-FD-HANDLER
ADD-SIGIO-HANDLER
          BACKGROUND-SAVE-IMAGE DUP
EXEC-IMAGE FRAME-CALL
          MAKE-FD-STREAM PROFILE-PACKAGE
REMOVE-FD-HANDLERS
          REMOVE-SIGIO-HANDLERS SAVE-IMAGE
SLDB-BREAK-ON-RETURN
          SLDB-STEP-INTO SLDB-STEP-NEXT SLDB-STEP-OUT)

2. When I compiled a file that encountered a compilation error,
I could not "q" out of the resulting compilation buffer,
named *sldb-allegro/1*. Instead, I had to click on "Abort".

3. When I did press "q" in the *sldb-allegro/1* buffer,
in the minibuffer was printed the message:

error in process filter: sldb-quit returned [Restart not active [[NIL]]