[slime-devel] Restarting saved Lisp image.

Andrew Myers asm198 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 19:01:06 UTC 2011

I'm wondering if there's a way to restart a Lisp image that already
has Swank running.  When using Franz's Emacs interaction package I can
call dumplisp to save an image and then reload the image and continue
running later.  If I do this in slime the image hangs, it *appears* to
me to be that the Swank server is running in the image and I would
simply need a way to reconnect to it.

I'm restarting the lisp image using this elisp function.  It works
with images built using the command line lisp.
(defun run-image (image-name)
  (interactive "fImage name: ")
  (when (slime-connected-p)
    (slime-repl-quit))
  (slime (concat inferior-lisp-program " -I " (expand-file-name image-name))))

How would I do this?  slime-connect doesn't seem to do the trick but
maybe I'm using it wrong.
Thanks,
Andrew