[slime-devel] Feature suggestion + minor inspector bug

Max Mikhanosha max at openchat.com
Fri Oct 21 17:29:11 UTC 2011

It would be really cool if XREF invoked by slime-edit-definition key,
would have a key binding and a button to remove a method similar to
fancy inspector.

It feels silly to go back to REPL and type #'generic-function and
inspect it to remove the method.

The inspector bug is that 1st time you invoke inspector, is that "g" key in the
inspector is not using the same readtable as original invocation of inspector.

I'm using inverted readtable, and (named-readtables:in-readtable
:my-readtable) in the file.lisp.

Somehow when I'm inspecting objects printed in REPL, they are printed
in the inspector in lower case, picking up the inverted readtable from
the buffer somehow. But pressing "g" key refreshes everything in the
upper case, going back to default readdable.

It seems I can fix this by doing (in-readtable) in the REPL, and then
it always use the inverted one. Imho principle of least surprise
requires that pressing "g" key to refresh inspector view, that it
would use the same readtable that view was generated with.