[slime-devel] Question about Slime & SBCL on Windows

Anton Kovalenko anton at sw4me.com
Tue Nov 29 00:58:59 UTC 2011

Scott Turner <srt19170 at gmail.com> writes:

> BTW, Anton if you run a Kickstarter campaign or something to raise
> money to support your work on the Windows port, I'll be happy to
> contribute.

Yeah, I know that people have reasons to expect something more than a
couple of not-too-frieldly methods for making a donation. Lispers
outside of Russia just don't get how it's far from trivial to set up
even what I have now.

As an example: until recently, paypal disallowed incoming payments to
accounts openened from here; some days ago, literally, it became
possible but the only destination for withdrawal of funds is an
U.S. bank account (what's ridiculous about it is that it's kind of
illegal to have U.S. bank account here if you're both citizen and not a
U.S. resident). Receiving a simple wire transfer requires a good amount
of paperwork *per each transfer* when it's at all possible. I could go
on and on, really, but I'd better not to. WinAPI is a bliss compared to
"human interface" of both banking and legal system here.

Specifically, as I can see from
<http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/creating%20a%20project#AmIEligToStarAKickProj>,
Kickstarter is a nonstarter for me, and the same applies to many other
wonderful services. I'm ready to make it all more convenient as soon as
I see how it can be done, but the key issue here is probably not my
awareness of how fundraising is normally done (well, I know I suck at
that, too, it's just our local conditions don't let me show that
suckinness freely, yet).

--
Regards, Anton Kovalenko <http://github.com/akovalenko/sbcl-win32-threads/wiki>
+7(916)345-34-02 | Elektrostal' MO, Russia