[slime-devel] Indentation question

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Wed Mar 30 20:24:57 UTC 2011

On 30 March 2011 22:17, Scott Turner <srt19170 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't indentation is a matter of personal preference?  That's why the
> methods for controlling indentation are user-dependent.

Sure, but there's "obviously wrong" and "wrong for me" -- and I claim
that the way DEFFOO currently gets indented is obviously wrong.

The dummy DEFMACRO solution I alluded to earlier gets things right,
but loses the clarity of the keywords -- maybe that's the price I have
to pay.

Telling Slime that :BAR should be indented like a LAMBDA gives the
right result in this case, but wrong in all other uses of :BAR --
whereas for MYPACKAGE:BAR that's much less of an issue.

I guess I'm really wondering if I should hack up
SWANK:DEFINE-INDENTATION, or if something along those lines already
exists somewhere.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus