[slime-devel] return value of `slime-eval-print-last-expression' vs `slime-eval-last-expression' conflict

MON KEY monkey at sandpframing.com
Fri Mar 4 21:02:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Stas Boukarev <stassats at gmail.com> wrote:
>> B/c `slime-eval-print-last-expression' and `slime-eval-last-expression' (wrapper
>> around `slime-interactive-eval') provide essentially the same functionality
>> and the return value of each  should be consistently transparent:
> Please, don't cross-post. It's really inconvenient.

There are AFAIK two separate issues.

a) Whehter there is a bug
    Launchpad has the bug report marked invalid even though there was
a pending question from TCR as to what the nature of the bug may be.

b) Whether the existing API is understood by _others_ to be in conflict.
    That the conflict is an invalid bug does not mean that the scope
of the issue shouldn't be recorded to the mailing list for future
reference.

If you had waited for a response on launchpad prior to marking the bug
invalid then I could understand your admonition that it is "really
inconvenient".
However, without a chance for others (not just the set of one whose
sole member is Stas) to consider the issue at hand it seems
"inconvenient" that you would squash my reasoned attempt to present
what I believe is a problem. Maybe someone sometime in the future will
find reference to the problem description in this thread useful.

FWIW Slime is descended from ilisp...

--
/s_P\