[slime-devel] Standard output no longer appears in REPL

Tom onefish1983 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 25 19:38:39 UTC 2011

Mark Harig <idirectscm <at> aim.com> writes:

> It should read:
>
> (setq SWANK:*GLOBALLY-REDIRECT-IO* t)

Using CLISP with Slime, adding (setq SWANK:*GLOBALLY-REDIRECT-IO* t) to my
.swank.lisp makes the output go to the Slime REPL but (read) still expects my
input to come from the inferior lisp buffer. Can I get my slime to expect input
to come from the Slime REPL buffer as well?

One use case that produces this problem is http://landoflisp.com/robots.lisp,
about which the author of Land of Lisp writes, "This game is kind of a joke to
show off the crazy things you can do with loop and format. But it's also fun to
play!"