[slime-devel] slime-repl buffer never appears

Tim Showalter tjs at psaux.com
Wed Jul 6 18:06:48 UTC 2011

Hi.  I'm an occasional slime user.  I got a new computer and wanted to
set up sbcl and slime.

I'm running Ubuntu 11.04, and the Ubuntu versions work.  So naturally I
uninstalled them and installed from source.

With slime on my load-path, and

(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)

in my init file, and inferior-lisp-program set to the binary, M-x slime
doesn't quite work right.  The *inferior-lisp* buffer starts up, swank
says it's starting (I see the compilation) but the repl buffer never
appears.

I do eventually get the "Connected." message, but I never see the repl
buffer.

What am I missing?

Thanks very much!

Tim