[slime-devel] diff in calling external commands from slime or terminal window

Mirko Vukovic mirko.vukovic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 17:02:11 UTC 2011

I am trying to understand (and fix) the following problem.

I am running clisp on cygwin & windows.  Slime is running from windows'
emacs.

If I launch clisp from a terminal (either cygwin's or windows' cmd.exe),
commands such as

> (ext:run-shell-command "pwd")

work.  So, it does not seem to matter where I call clisp from.

But if I try the same from within slime, I get NIL.

The value of `inferior-lisp-program' points to the clisp executable:
c:\cygwin\bin\clisp.exe

Thanks,

Mirko