[slime-devel] Problem with Lisp buffer menus

Lynn Quam quam at AI.SRI.COM
Sat Dec 31 23:54:08 UTC 2011

Perhaps I missed earlier slime-devel message traffic on this issue.

I have recently switched to using the recent (checked out cvs version of
slime on Dec 30)
with sbcl-1.0.54-x86-64-linux-binary.

The CVS/Entries file shows:
    /slime.el/1.1392/Sat Dec 24 17:45:23 2011//

When I start sbcl using slime everything looks good, except Lisp-Mode
buffers do not have
   "SLIME" "REPL"  ... entries in the Emacs main menu-bar.  The
*slime-repl buffer has these entries.

I am using the slime-fancy:

   (defvar slime-default-contribs '(slime-fancy))

I have started emacs without my normal .emacs initialization in an
attempt to diagnose the problem,
and supplying the bare minimum commands to start slime.  Same problem.

Any suggestions?