[slime-devel] Fwd: (no subject)

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Mon Dec 5 12:54:33 UTC 2011

To the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Clifford E. Wulfman
Date: Monday, 5 December 2011
Subject: Re: [slime-devel] (no subject)
To: Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net>

Sorry, Nikodemus: I tried to post a backtrace, but GMANE kept complaining
about lines longer than 80 characters.
I was responding to the "Error in timer" report, which someone on the list
said was fixed.  I've been encountering this error for some time now, and
it still persists:

Debugger entered: (("Error in timer" slime-attempt-connection (#<process
inferior-lisp> nil 2) (wrong-type-argument bufferp nil)))
  (condition-case data (apply fun args) (error (debug nil (list "Error in
timer" fun args data))))
  slime-timer-call(slime-attempt-connection #<process inferior-lisp> nil 2)
  apply(slime-timer-call (slime-attempt-connection #<process inferior-lisp>
nil 2))
  byte-code("r\301\302H\303H\"\210)\301\207" [timer apply 5 6] 4)
  timer-event-handler([t 20188 47957 85993 0.3 slime-timer-call
(slime-attempt-connection #<process inferior-lisp> nil 2) nil])
I've tried setting inferior-lisp-program to sbcl and to clisp, but I get
the same error.
Could you give me some suggestions on how to debug my set-up a bit more? I
might be able to give you more information then.  I'm a very old Lisper,
just getting back into things and pretty new to swank and slime.

Thanks for responding so quickly to my post!

Cliff Wulfman
cwulfman at Princeton.EDU