[slime-devel] SLIME and CLISP

Shawn Stovall stovall.mail at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 13:41:43 UTC 2011

Hello, I'm having trouble using SLIME with CLISP.  It seems that whenever I
try to enter slime mode in Emacs I get the error,

SWANK-BACKEND:WAIT-FOR-INPUT not implemented

It also continually outputs, under Backtrace (where increasing-numbers and
more-numbers are numbers that increase with each iteration):

[increasing-numbers] frame binding variables (~ = dynamically):
    | ~ SWANK::*SLDB-STEPPING-P* <--> more-numbers

My .emacs:

(setq inferior-lisp-program "C:/home/bin/clisp/full/lisp.exe
-B C:/home/bin/clisp/full
-M C:/home/bin/clisp/full/lispinit.mem
-ansi -q")
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/home/bin/emacs/site-lisp/slime/")
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)

Any help is appreciated, thanks.