[slime-devel] swank:find-definitions-for-emacs doesn't support definition names other than symbols

Paulo Madeira acelent at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 11:26:34 UTC 2011

2011/04/02 Helmut Eller:
> A compromise would be to allow interning if the user explicitly enters
> the name with C-u M-. but avoid interning when M-. is invoked without
> prefix argument.

I don't mind that at all.

Meanwhile, I've seen that contrib/swank-arglists.lisp already has a
non-interning reader that only parses symbols. It could be extended to
understand standard CL numbers and characters, perhaps only supporting
plain base-10 integer and implement others (e.g. ratios, reals, #c #o
#r #x) until someone actually uses them.

> Yes, swank:ed-in-emacs should call find-definitions directly

Right.

BTW, I dare ask :) I'm not really interested in this, it's just an
idea: would it be (easily) possible that it also accepts an actual
(generic) function, method or class? For instance, in the running
lisp's repl, you could somehow obtain such an object as the result of
an expression and then just (swank:ed-in-emacs *).

Paulo Madeira