[slime-devel] [Spam] Re: Slime presentation marker bug

Nathan Bird nathan at acceleration.net
Tue Sep 28 13:56:19 UTC 2010

> I believe this was broken in revision 1.33 of slime-presentations.el,
> which replaced `slime-presentation-write'. I think the real bug is
> that `slime-repl-emit' invokes `insert-before-markers'; I think it
> should just call `insert' and then manually adjust the markers that
> should be advanced. The old version of `slime-presentation-write' did
> something like that.
>
> Matthias
Thanks for the info, that is the conclusion Russ and I stumbled across
yesterday after my original fix had the overlays working but still
buggy. We then changed the slime-repl-emit function to do precisely as
you suggest above:
http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/slime-devel/2010-September/017765.html
(patch attached there).

Here's the specific commit that is that fix:
http://github.com/UnwashedMeme/slime/commit/fd34f0d1924cfec3de6f447907d956ddb0d04a23
As I wrote in the other mail though, there are a few more miscellaneous
fixups that make the setup work better.

--
Nathan Bird
nathan at acceleration.net
http://www.acceleration.net/
Custom Programming, Design, Hosting, and Broadband.