[slime-devel] Lisp connection closed unexpectedly

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Mon Sep 27 10:02:03 UTC 2010

* J. Bromley [2010-09-27 09:12] writes:

> I have looked at line 450 of clbuild and it is just the call to launch
> SBCL. I find no more information about the Trace/BPT trap. I have also
> tried to find the meaning of the exit code, but have been
> unsuccessful. If I run clbuild lisp (which runs SBCL without SLIME)
> the require works fine. Obviously, SLIME provides a much nicer working
> environment, so it would be great to get it working.

This sounds like the issue discussed here:
http://clozure.com/pipermail/openmcl-devel/2010-August/011773.html
i.e. the problem is that you load OpenGL in a non-main thread.

>  I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on possible solutions or
> about how to debug this further.

If you set (setq swank:*communication-style* nil) or :fd-handler in your
~/.swank.lisp SLIME will run single-threaded.  [But it might be
necessary to somehow integrate SLIME in the event loop that drives
OpenGL.]

Helmut