[slime-devel] Slime presentation marker bug

Nathan Bird nathan at acceleration.net
Thu Sep 23 20:52:47 UTC 2010

 I put a test case here that documents it: http://paste.lisp.org/+2GLO

The issue is that when it starts a presentation it saves a marker, but
then that marker gets moved when printing text and so when it ends the
presentation the start and end markers are the same point, the one
immediately after the text we are trying to present.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I don't know how to get the old
marker to stay in place any more than it is now. There is a comment:
        ;; We use markers because text can also be inserted before this
presentation.
        ;; (Output arrives while we are writing presentations within
REPL results.)
Perhaps that is more relevant to printing with the target :repl-result
vs target null?

I tried changing the presentation start function (it's on the paste) to
save the number if target is null and that looks like it is mostly
working for me, can anyone else comment on the idea?

--
Nathan Bird
nathan at acceleration.net
http://www.acceleration.net/
Custom Programming, Design, Hosting, and Broadband.