[slime-devel] Turn off stepping with cmucl?

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 00:52:20 UTC 2010

I finally got around to playing with slime's stepper.  It's not exactly
clear how to get this enabled, but what I did was trace some function
with :break t.  When the debugger starts, I can then use slime to
single-step.  This works pretty well.  However, after I'm done and
untrace the function, I still get stepping breakpoints in the function.

How are these breakpoints supposed to be removed?

Also, from the code, it seems that slime inserts stepping breakpoints at
all possible locations in a function.  Can't it just single-step the way
cmucl's native debugger steps by inserting the breakpoint, running, and
then removing the breakpoint?

Ray