[slime-devel] advanced source location recording

Mark H. David mhd at yv.org
Wed Nov 10 19:49:37 UTC 2010

I have a fancy def type of macro -- lets call it DEFOPERATION, which takes a function name, args, and body, and eventually emits a corresponding DEFUN form to get the function defined.  It gets sprinkled throughout the sources, but doesn't immediately invoke DEFUN. Instead, at some later point, another macro form is invoked -- lets say it's (DEFINE-DEFS-NOW), and that actually emits all the defuns.

The problem is that when I do meta-. on any so-defined function, it takes me to the line in the source containing (DEFINE-DEFS-NOW).  Not too interesting a place to go.  What I really want is for it to take me to the corresponding DEFOPERATION.

How can I make this work better in SLIME?  Or, if it's an implementation thing, or partially so, what can I do specifically in my Lisps, specifically CCL and/or SBCL, to make this work better?

Thanks,

Mark