[slime-devel] Completion doesn't work for un-evaluated functions - expected behavior?

Walter GR waltergr at aol.com
Wed May 19 00:18:43 UTC 2010

I'm getting started with SLIME from CVS.  It's successfully installed.

If I start SLIME, create a new buffer Lisp buffer, and define a
function, completion doesn't work for that function's name until the
defun is evaluated.

Is this the expected behavior?

If so, is there any way to "enable" completion for not-yet-evaluated
symbols?

(More details appear following the salutation.)

Thanks,

Walter

Details:

I've bound TAB in the following way:

(define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "<tab>")
'slime-indent-and-complete-symbol)))

If I define a function, say:

(defun square (x)
   (* x x))

Then type

(squ <TAB>

...the following appears in the minibuffer:

[Can't find completion for "squ"]

eof