[slime-devel] SLIME under cygwin Emacs with ABCL

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue May 4 09:35:39 UTC 2010

Attached is a patch to slime.el that allows me to successfully run SLIME
under the cygwin Emacs with ABCL with the translation functions defined
as in the attached '.emacs' initialization code.

This patches SLIME-INIT-COMMAND to translate the filenames in the Lisp
initialization code by SLIME-TO-LISP-FILENAME.  I would think that we
would always want this translation present as the pathnames certainly
translated from SLIME's (i.e. Emacs') notion of pathname to the native
Lisp's, so I would like to solicit feedback if this would break
anybody's current usage.  Or does no one use the translation functions?

It's nice to be able to get ABCL working with SLIME under cygwin!

is nothing to compare to it now."