[slime-devel] Debugging SBCL...

Andrei Stebakov lispercat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 21:18:46 UTC 2010

I am trying to debug a web app (based on hunchentoot and weblocks).
Let's say I have a function

(defun test-func(a)
  (let ((b 1)
        (c 2))
    (break)))

I call this (test-func 0) from (defun weblocks-dispatcher (request) ....)
When I hit break, am I supposed to see a, b and c as local variables in the
frame?
All I can see is the request parameter of weblocks-dispatcher and not even
the frame for test-func, what I am missing?

Backtrace:
  0: (BREAK "break")
      Locals:
        SB-KERNEL::ARGUMENTS = NIL
        SB-KERNEL::DATUM = "break"
  1: (WEBLOCKS::WEBLOCKS-DISPATCHER #<HUNCHENTOOT:REQUEST {CFAAB71}>)
      Locals:
        SB-DEBUG::ARG-0 = #<HUNCHENTOOT:REQUEST {CFAAB71}>

I am using the very latest SBCL 1.0.36 and latest cvs slime.

Thank you,
Andrei